My New Year’s post is a bit late, but it took me a few weeks to really reflect on the past year and think about what I want for this coming year. Throughout my journal entries, meditations, and daydreaming, I arrived at the conclusion that it really is just as much if not more so about the journey we take than the destination.
So it was about a year ago that I started this blog. At the time I considered it to be my blank slate. Now here we are twelve months later and I have yet another blank slate. Although, I don’t know that I want it to be a completely blank slate. Last year, I really grew as a person. I finally followed through on some goals, achieving some, and promising myself to start working a little harder on others. But I am proud of the personal growth and improvements that I’ve made in the last year.
Achievements and Realizations from 2016
- Started my blog
- Started my own business
- Transferred jobs (after saying I was going to do it for 3 years)
- Stepped out of my comfort zone and jumped full force into online dating
- Continued working on revisions for my novel and started another one
- Learned (still learning) Portuguese
- Learned the power of forgiveness- it really does allow you to move on- who knew?
- Spent a lot of time with my kids (especially during the summer months
- Renewed and strengthened valuable friendships
Goals and Dreams for 2017
- The first is so cliché but I did gain 15 pounds in 2016, probably from stress eating nachos and cheese, chocolate, and ice cream, so yeah, I want to lose weight. I’ve already lost a few pounds by cutting out the soda, skipping dessert a few nights a week, and simple portion control.
- Spend time with the kiddos- I plan to take them camping so we’ll see how that goes. We might try skiing too.
- Maintain my blog and enhance the web site. Create tools and resources to help and advise fellow single parents
- Grow my business into a viable source of income and employment for others
- Continue writing- find a way to manage my time better so I can write more
- Spend more time with friends and family (above and beyond the children)
- Practice random acts of kindness
- Meditate more regularly
So that’s where I’m starting. Where are you coming from and where do you want to go?
Happy New Year!
- Single Mom Unfiltered